PSM’s Response to COVID-19 Pandemic
I write to you in the midst of the unprecedented, fast moving and complex situation of COVID-19.
PSM recognises the importance of minimising disruption in the delivery of our service to clients.
This statement outlines PSM’s approach to:
- best practices to maintain the health of our staff and to prevent spread of the virus into our control room
- observing and implementing government policies and recommendations
- maintaining a high standard of service to you
- 24/7 monitoring of your property in the event that your business or home is locked down
PSM’s internal efforts
For the foreseeable future, staff have been advised to:
- effectively manage their personal health and hygiene and be considerate of others in this regard
- limit their risk of exposure by avoiding non-emergency travel and all social / mass gatherings
- at the end of each shift to strictly sanitise all workstations, equipment (such as telephones and keyboards), control room buttons, folders, stationery, handles (such as doors and taps), work-tops, amenities and chairs
- maintain a 1.5 meter distance from other staff, particularly during shift changes
- follow government advice when unwell or showing symptoms associated with coronavirus
For the foreseeable future, PSM has:
- cancelled all in-house team meetings to avoid all staff being together at the same time
- identified high-risk and vulnerable employees and offered alternative arrangements
- offered alternative arrangements for staff who travel to work on public transport
- arranged for secure / non-contact incoming deliveries
- prohibited access to all external consultants / contractors / business associates except for cleaners
- arranged regular professional deep cleaning of the office
- discussed the situation and sought advice from the relevant accreditation bodies (NSI) and insurance provider
As we operate a 24-hour control room that delivers security services, our operational staff are NOT currently working from home. Our management team is regularly monitoring pandemic news and reviewing any new government guidelines. We shall adapt our own protocols, including staff safety, as necessary.
Arrangements are being made in line with insurance and accreditation body requirements so that if the country goes into lockdown, we will be able to continue to service all our clients and continue to provide 24/7 remote monitoring.
PSM is a registered and accredited security service provider and our staff are registered with the Security Industry Authority (SIA) as individuals, therefore standard ‘lock down’ rules should not apply to us.
PSM’s service to clients
PSM is committed to implement the following:
- We will continue to deliver 24/7 remote monitoring services to protect our clients
- NONE of our telephone numbers will be diverted to third parties
- Our ‘email@example.com’ email will continue to be monitored and responded to 24/7
- If quarantined, our Director Kerry Jones will be available on her mobile telephone number to answer serious customer concerns and queries. She has full facilities enabling her to work from home
- If quarantined, all members of our technical department have facilities to continue with their normal services from home
We offer full transparency of our protocols at every stage that we take and we will regularly keep you up to date on our status. If you have any concerns or would like advice, please do not hesitate to contact Kerry, Andy or any of our management team.
We are all in this together. It is our goal that the security provision for our client’s family and business shall remain robust and intact during this global crisis.
For further information, please email Kerry Jones at firstname.lastname@example.org
I’m co-founder of Professional Surveillance Management (PSM) Ltd. PSM has reinvented remote monitoring, allowing us to offer you unique and tailored CCTV solutions.